|Release date: 4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Start: Go to Lumbridge Castle. Talk to the cook; tell him that you will help.|
|Length: Short (If you bring the items needed you only need to talk to the cook two times to complete the quest)|
(These items can all be obtained during the quest)
|Monsters to kill: None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak with the Cook on Lumbridge Castle's first floor. He will tell the player that he needs ingredients to make a cake for the Duke of Lumbridge's birthday. He wants the player to retrieve flour, milk, and an egg, and to bring those items back to him. Before leaving the castle, pick up the pot that's sitting nearby on a table. The player can obtain the cake ingredients in any order.
Obtaining milk[edit | edit source]
To obtain milk, you simply have to use a bucket on a Cow. A bucket item spawn point can be found inside the chicken farm across the river north-west of Lumbridge, or it can be purchased from any General Store, such as the one north of the castle where you started the quest. Cows are found by following the path that leads north-west out of Lumbridge.
Obtaining flour[edit | edit source]
If the player wants skip the process of making flour, they may purchase one for 10 coins from Wydin's Food Store which is located among the docks of Port Sarim, a village found just down the path which leads north-west out of Lumbridge.
- Now follow the path that leads north-west out of Lumbridge. Go just past the chicken farm and you'll see a wheat field. Right-click on one and pick it to obtain grain. Now, go into the windmill located beside the field and go up the ladders to the top floor.
- Use the grain on the hopper, then click it again to operate it.
- The grain will go down the chute and to the ground floor of the windmill, where you should now return down the ladders to.
- On the ground floor there will be a pile of flour in the middle of the room. Simply use your pot on the pile of flour, and you now have flour in your inventory.
Obtaining an egg[edit | edit source]
From the castle where you started the quest, cross the bridge going across the river and follow the path north. You will then come across a chicken farm on the west side of the path, across from the large cow pen.
Finale[edit | edit source]
Once you have all three ingredients, speak to the cook in the castle. He'll take the ingredients and thank you for helping him. Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Point
- Cooking experience:
- 300 xp at level 1
- 450 xp at level 4
- Access to the Cook's Range in Lumbridge Castle