Jump to navigation Jump to search
In 2003 RuneScape Classic started to become a major competitor to other online role-playing games.
January[edit | edit source]
- 11 January - New Runescape Website launched.
- 21 January - New news section on website.
- - Credit card fraud warning.
- 23 January - Jmod gets married.
- 24 January - Notice about an upcoming quest release.
- - Newsletters will no longer be emailed out. Only available on the site now.
- 27 January - The Shilo Village quest was added.
- 28 January - The Wilderness Agility Course and the Gnome Ball minigame were added.
- - Warning not to abuse the report abuse feature.
- 29 January - Two players get married.
- - Another set of players get married.
- 30 January - Newsletters 9 released.
- Servers made faster.
- 31 January - Jagex Hq moves to a larger building.
February[edit | edit source]
- 3 February - Be careful do not give out personal information.
- - Power outage made UK servers drop.
- 4 February - Request for players to write stories for the Library of Varrock.
- 6 February - RuneScape can be used to learn useful things.
- 7 February - RuneScape can help you learn English.
- 10 February - Be vary of password scammers.
- 12 February - Two new Jmods added to Customer Support team.
- 13 February - Talk of what would eventually become RuneScape 2.
- 17 February - Seriously stop giving out your passwords.
- - Also, do not accept 'free' RuneScape membership. You will probably be banned.
- 21 February - Library of Varrock is released on the website.
- 24 February - Underground Pass quest hinted at.
- 26 February - Manual:Scam released as well as an overhaul of the Manuals layout.
- 27 February- RuneScape membership 1 year anniversary.
March[edit | edit source]
- 3 March - The Underground Pass quest was added.
- 4 March - RuneScape Map updated.
- 6 March - New secure message centre.
- 17 March - The Observatory Quest was added.
- 18 March - New payment options.
- - Do not buy/sell accounts.
- 21 March - New membership info pages.
- 24 March - Servers are now faster.
April[edit | edit source]
- 14 April - Spears and Throwing knives were added.
- - God letters:Issue 10 - Zamorak does one released.
- 15 April - Update may have made RuneScape unplayable for some.
- 20 April - 2003 Easter event – Bunny ears spawned on the ground all over Gielinor.
- 23 April - Bestiary updated.
- - Photo of Jagex staff released.
- 24 April - New York server relocated.
May[edit | edit source]
- 7 May - The Watchtower quest was added, and the bank space for members was increased.
- 20 May - Secure server maintenance
- 22 May - Website reorganized.
- - God letters:Issue 11 - Zamorak Loves Letters released.
- 26 May - More sneak peak images of what would become RuneScape 2.
- 27 May - The Dwarf Cannon quest was added. Also, Sleeping bags were added, and Mining was changed.
- 29 May - Some bugs involving the newer quests were fixed.
- - New Australia server.
June[edit | edit source]
- 9 June – The Murder Mystery quest was added.
- 16 June - RuneScape 2 Update news.
- 20 June - Guthix wins poll to write God letter God letters:Issue 12 - Guthix Manifests.
- 24 June - Warning about fake RuneScape 2 sites.
July[edit | edit source]
- 9 July – The Digsite quest was added.
- 28 July - The quest Gertrude's Cat was added, and cats were made available as pets. Also, the Fishing Trawler mini game was added.
August[edit | edit source]
September[edit | edit source]
October[edit | edit source]
- 31 October - For 2003 Halloween event the Scythes were dropped all over the ground. It was the last new item to be added to RuneScape Classic.
November[edit | edit source]
- 7 November - The infamous Partyhat duplication glitch was exploited.
December[edit | edit source]
- 1 December – The RuneScape 2 beta was released. Three new RuneScape 2 servers were added with the release later that day.
High Scores[edit | edit source]
This is the final year that the remaining first 99s were achieved in Classic, all the remaining skills were mastered in Runescape 2.
- Agility - Thehate
- Crafting - Ltangel
- Fletching - Chilipeppers
- Herblaw - Halw Gnun