The Friends menu allows you to manage your friends and ignore lists. Your friends list allows you to know if other users are logged in and can send them private messages in their chat. Your ignore list blocks all messages for users on your list.
- There is a glitch whereas you move the mouse pointer over a friends name and exit the menu from the side, and when you move the mouse pointer over the friends icon, it will show the action which was possible from when you exited the menu.
History[edit | edit source]
- On 17 September 2013, the list was updated on the main game to 400 for members. In Classic, however this expansion never occurred.
- The list got expanded on 8 October 2009 to 200 
- The list got expanded on 16 November 2001 to 100 friends. On the same update the list got sorted to display those online first 
- On 10 May 2001 players were able to private message their friends even if they were on distinct worlds
- On release the list was only 50 friends
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the incorporation of friends into the interface in 6 April 2001, players would read the 'current players' page of their Runescape World to determine if a friend of theirs was connected. Messaging them was done by typing 'tell (player name)', followed by the message and it would be sent.
References[edit | edit source]