A RuneScape Classic server is a computer that hosts RuneScape Classic game world, and is operated by Jagex. By connecting to a server, many players can play on a single world and interact with each other.
At the beginning, 4 January 2001, there was only one game server. A second game server was opened on 9 May 2001 (Update) and more have been added since RuneScape Classic's reopening. The number of servers varied throughout the years, but when Classic closed in 2018, there were five servers. One was a Veterans' world, and the other four were available for any member to play on.
Login screen[edit | edit source]
The login screen allows players to enter their username and password to log in the server. The background image cycles between three locations in Lumbridge:
- The interior of Lumbridge Castle, where there is a longtable and some chairs.
- The center of Lumbridge, near the well that players respawn at after death.
- The goblin hut to the north of Lumbridge castle, across the River Lum.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You can use Chat commands to change the colour of the text on the login screen.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Open period, detailing the time periods in which RuneScape Classic servers were available to play for new accounts.