|Release date:||24 September 2002 (Update)|
|Official description:||Investigate the death of elven leaders of old. Search for the elf king baxtorian's tomb and discover the mysterious hidden treasure of the waterfall.|
|Start:||Speak to Almera in her house north-east of the Baxtorian Falls|
|Enemies to kill:||None|
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Start out by speaking to Almera in her house, upstream along the Baxtorian Falls. Distressed, she tells you about her son Hudon, who is looking for a hidden treasure in the river. She requests that you check on him by using the log raft just outside the house.
Exit the house and board the log raft. You'll crash into a small island, just across the shore where Hudon is standing. You instantly insist that he should go back to his mother, but he refuses to leave until he finds the treasure. Ask if you can help and he'll reject your offer, becoming paranoid of you stealing his treasure.
After speaking to Hudon, use the "jump off" option on the tree next to you to escape the river. You will wind up next to the Tourist Information Centre. Head upstairs and search the bookcase for the Book on Baxtorian and read the chapters the book has to offer.
- Note: You must open this book or the key will not appear for the next part.
Reading the book, you discover that the area was originally inhabited by elven colonies, led by King Baxtorian and his wife, Glarial. During his long reign, Baxtorian is said to have hid valuable treasures under the nearby falls, granting access only to himself and his wife. You also learn that Glarial's pebble, the key to open Glarial's tomb, can be found under the Tree Gnome Village.
Retrieving Glarials pebble[edit | edit source]
- Bringing teleport runes will make leaving this section much faster after you have completed your objective
- Refer to the Tree Gnome Village (quest) article to view a map which will make traversing the maze much easier
- If you have completed the Tree Gnome Village quest (if not, see the next steps)
- If you have not completed the Tree Gnome Village quest (if you have, read above)
- Then you'll need to navigate your way up to that point from the outside.
- Just south west of Ardougne you will find the entrance to the Tree Gnome Village maze
- Follow the above steps to eventually come across a ladder leading to Gnome Village Dungeon, which you should climb down
- Once underground, you'll first need to go to the end of the eastern path and collect the large key from the crate on the left in the back of the room.
- (Several potentially aggressive monsters such as Hobgoblins, Giant bats, and Zombies lurk here, so it may be wise to bring food and armour)
- Once you have the key, walk down the western path from the entrance and use the key on the gate to access Golrie's room.
- Speak to Golrie and you will collect Glarials pebble from the ground automatically. Leave the cave via teleport or the ladder from which you entered
- Quick exit: Start the Tree Gnome Village quest by talking to King Bolren in the centre of the maze. After you've started the quest, Elkoy will guide you out of the maze in a few seconds.
Raiding Glarial's tomb[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Food, prayer potions, 2 Law-runes and 2 Water-runes for Ardougne Teleport.
- Bank all items and withdraw food and teleport runes if you have them (Ardougne teleport is best if unlocked)
- Prayer potions are good to bring if you have access to the Paralyze monster prayer
- Check your inventory to be sure you only have Glarial's pebble and some food.
- No armour or weapons are permitted in the tomb
- Glarial's tomb is just north-east of the Tourist Information Centre where you retrieved the book on Baxtorian (north east of Ardougne)
- Use Glarial's pebble on the Glarial's Gravestone and you'll find yourself inside the tomb.
- In the northern room, collect Glarial's urn from the cupboard.
- Once you have the urn, leave the room and push the odd looking wall in the south-west corner of the room with the tables.
- Continue to the far western end and search the Tomb of glarial to receive Glarial's Amulet
- Note: If you're low-levelled you may want to acquire multiple amulets and urns. To get an extra amulet, drop it and search the chest and pick it up again. To get an extra urn, drop it and search the coffin and pick the urn back up. Getting a second amulet is advisable, because it is possible to lose one later on in the quest.
Entering the Waterfall dungeon[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: armour and food to defend yourself against Fire Giants (level 109) and Shadow spiders (level 53, drain prayer each round of combat).
- This time when you've crashed, use the rope on the leaflessTree next to you to advance to the next island. (Your Strength level may affect your success rate.)
- Repeat the same process for the next tree.
- On the third island, use the rope on the tree next to you once more and you'll find yourself at the entrance of the waterfall dungeon
- Equip Glarial's amulet
- Read below carefully
- Note: Players who are only seeking to gain access to the dungeon to kill Fire Giants do not need to proceed any further.
The Chalice of eternity[edit | edit source]
Take the eastern passage first, and collect an old key from the crate. Then, go to the western passage and walk north. Push the odd looking wall in the northwest corner of the western room and you'll be in a hallway filled with level 54 skeletons. Use your key on the door at the end of the hallway and open the doors immediately after.
You will find six stone stands, a statue, and a chalice trophy. Use an Air-Rune, a Water-Rune, and an Earth-Rune on each of the six pillars (meaning three runes total on each pillar). Use Glarial's amulet on the Statue of glarial at the back of the room. The ground will rise up, allowing you to use Glarial's urn on the Chalice of eternity to claim your treasure! Be careful, if you forget to put the urn on the Chalice of Eternity, you will be flushed out of the room!
- Note: If you do get flushed out, or leave, the pillars will remain active. However, you will need to retrieve another amulet to re-enter the dungeon.
You have completed the Baxtorian waterfall quest!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
template = Template:Quest skill reward form = dlf result = dlr param = 1|Level||int|1-99 param = multiplier||225|hidden param = add||250|hidden
|Waterfall quest skill experience reward calculator|
|Calculator is loading...|
|Please submit the form|
|This article is a stub.|
You can help by expanding it.