A Useless item is an item which has no use beyond being able to be examined. They may be worth any number of coins when sold at shops or traded with other players, and are not always considered worthless. These items cannot be equipped or consumed. They cannot be used on any other item, scenery, NPC or player to achieve any type of result. They serve no purpose in any quest, or any task that the player can accomplish. There are items which have become useless overtime due to updates to RuneScape Classic.
List of useless items[edit | edit source]
An incomplete list includes:
- Tile - an item which spawns in the wilderness, was thought that it would be used with the unimplemented Carpentry skill
- Flier - an item dropped uncommonly by Imps and rarely by Barbarians and Gunthor the Brave
- Potion - an item rarely dropped by Imps or obtained at random by asking the Apothecary in Varrock for a free potion
- Disk of Returning - an increasingly rare and once useful but discontinued item that has gained a very high value
- Crushed Gemstone - an item obtained you fail to Chisel either an uncut Opal, Jade, or Red Topaz into a cut gem
- Burnt foods such as- burnt fish, burnt lobster, burnt manta ray, burnt shark, burnt sea turtles, burntpie[ ], burnt meat, burnt stew, burnt curry, burnt pizza, burntbread[ ], burnt pitta bread or burnt oomlie meat parcel (All received from failing to cook the respective item)
- Burnt gnome cuisine preparations - burnt gnome battas, burnt gnome bowls, or burnt gnome crunchies
- Failed to "cook" foods such as - Bad wine, Ugthanki Kebab, and Gnome batta (Premade)
- Members object - an object usable only in Members world, had no use while playing on Free-to-play worlds
- (Blessed) Golden Bowl with plain water - a useless item in that state. However, it can be emptied to retrieve a Golden Bowl
- Water skin and the intermediate ones - Used to be of help before the release of RuneScape 2 when doing the Tourist Trap quest. However since desert heat got broken afterwards, they were of no use.
- Pigeon cage - an item left over after releasing the Messenger pigeons during the Biohazard quest.
- Plank (Fishing Trawler) - an item just serving as scenery after failing a Fishing Trawler game
- Skull - an item just used as scenery throughout the game world
- Display tea - an item used as decoration possibly to indicate players where they can buy Tea from the Tea seller
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some RuneScape players intentionally attempt to collect large stacks of useless items, as they are both uncommon and at times difficult to acquire in large quantities
|This article is a stub.|
You can help by expanding it.