Sign (General Store)
|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Location||Outside most General Stores in Free-to-play areas|
Locations[edit | edit source]
There are 6 General Store signs in RuneScape Classic:
- Lumbridge General Store
- Varrock General Store
- Al Kharid General Store
- Falador General Store
- Rimmington General Store
- Karamja General Store
Although there are actually 19 General Stores in RuneScape Classic, most other locations would not have been suitable for a giant General Store sign out front.
Notable locations without a general store sign:
- Dwarven Mine General Store, the first general store in Free-to-play to not have the sign, because it is underground.
- Edgeville General Store, the first general store building to not be given a sign.
- The Fishing Trawler General Store would have been a large enough building to sport the sign, though it is in a smaller port-town, so it might have looked out of place.
- East Ardougne Adventurers' Store could have had some kind of sign out front, though it is really not a typical general store.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the release of RuneScape, the signs in Lumbridge and Varrock were already in-game, as can be seen on the world map from November 2000.
- The last general store to be given this sign was the Karamja General Store, on 11 June 2001.
- The Edgeville General Store likely doesn't have the sign because the building already existed when the village was called "Ghost Town". The building wasn't revised when the Shopkeeper and Shop Assistant were added 13 August 2001.