Ranged is best trained by killing monsters whom cannot reach you, when a monster is engaged in close-ranged combat with you, you will be unable to use ranged weapons on it, causing the player to fight hand to hand unless they switch to a weapon which may be used in melee.
Monsters which are recommended to train on:
Low Levels[edit | edit source]
- Chickens (combat level 3)
- Low level rangers can shoot chickens in the Champions' Guild garden. There is no chance of being attacked and players who are not guild members can still attack them.
- Monks (combat level 13)
- At the Monastery near Edgeville players may safely range Monks, preferably in the western building, where a player may kill the monks from behind the bench, and recharge their prayer points on the nearby altar if they so wish. Monks do 0 to no damage and will also heal a player fully if they talk to them and select the associate dialogue option.
- Darkwizards (combat level 13, 25)
- Thieves (combat level 21)
- Dungeon rats (combat level 16)
Medium Levels[edit | edit source]
- Mountain Dwarves (combat level 28)
- Guard Dogs (combat level 46)
- Guard Dogs in East Ardougne can be ranged from behind the fence, and are good for ranged training at higher levels.
High Levels[edit | edit source]
- Ogres (combat level 58)
- Lesser Demon (combat level 79)
- The Lesser Demon behind the fence on the top floor of the Wizards tower near Draynor Village is unable to attack the player
- The nearby Wizard (combat level 16) and Dark Wizard (combat level 25) may be killed (most efficiently with a melee weapon) while waiting for the Lesser Demon to respawn
- The player must have the proper runes a magic skill level of 33 in order to cast telekinetic grab if they wish to collect any drops
- There is a chance at receiving a Medium Rune Helmet as a drop
- Magic may also be trained using this method
- Blue Dragon (combat level 105)
- The dragon found in the Heroes' Guild cage may be ranged safely
- Take note it may often be crowded here
- Take care to shut the gate door as the Dragon is known to wander out
- It is advisable to bring an anti-dragon shield and to equip it when retrieving drops in order to rpevent any accidental damage or death due to dragon fire
- Alternatively players with the proper runes and a magic skill level of 33 in order to cast telekinetic grab may collect the drops via this method
- Black Demons (combat level 156)
See also[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub.|
You can help by expanding it.