|Released||17 March 2003 (Update)|
|Quest item||Observatory Quest|
|Examine||A small prison key|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
Keep key is a key obtained from a chest in Observatory dungeon. It is needed during Observatory Quest to unlock the jail in the dungeon, allowing the player to search the sacks for Lens mould. Once unlocked it becomes permanent and further uses of the key simply removes it from the player's inventory.
Searching the right chest to obtain the key the player gets the following message:
- "You open the chest
- You search the chest
- You find a small key inside"
Searching the chest while having the key in your inventory the player gets the following message:
- "You search the chest
- You find a small key inside
- You already have a keep key
- Another one will have no use"
Upon using the key the player gets the message and says the following:
- "The gate unlocks
- The keep key is broken - I'll discard it"
Once inside (left-clicking the jail)
- "you go through the gate
- Player: I'd better be quick
- Player: There may be more guards about"