|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||this needs refining|
|High alch||90 coins|
|Low alch||60 coins|
Gold is an item which may be obtained through Mining a gold rock by players with a Mining level of 40 or higher. Mining gold ore will grant 65 Mining experience. A player can then refine the gold into a gold bar at level 40 Smithing, in turn granting the player 22.5 Smithing experience. Players with adequate Crafting levels can then turn their gold bar into one of many jewellery items, provided they have the required mould and/or gem.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Players can retrieve one gold from the Archaeological expert at the Digsite by giving him 3 gold nuggets
Products[edit | edit source]
Dropped by[edit | edit source]
|Lesser Demon||79||1||Uncommon (~2/128)|
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
- Varrock, in the basement of the Varrock west bank. Players must use telekinetic grab (2 spawns).
- Brimhaven, by the Brimhaven mine (1 spawn).
- Wilderness, in the east Ruins (1 spawn).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some players like to call gold ore nuggets due to their appearance
- Pure gold used in the Family Crest quest has a different item ID, meaning it's a different item
- It can be used for everything that regular gold is used for except for making Golden Bowls