For information on training this skill, see Fishing training.
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Head to Gerrant's Fishy Business in Port Sarim or Harry's Fishing Shack in Catherby to buy some equipment. After you have a fishing item you need to find areas where you can fish. On the world map, areas with a red fish means it's a fishing spot. You can use the cooking skill to cook your fish or you could simply sell them to players raw or to the general store.
Fishing Equipment[edit | edit source]
To fish in RuneScape Classic you will need a tool with which to fish. Fishing tools can be purchased at fishing shops found in Port Sarim and Catherby. Oily Fishing Rod is only obtainable during Hero's Quest.
|Fishing rod||5||5 coins|
|Red vine worms||10 (+ rod)||None|
|Big Net||16||20 coins|
|Fly fishing rod||20||5 coins|
|Lobster pot||40||20 coins|
|Fishing bait||5 (+ rod)||3 coins|
|Feathers||20 (+ Fly fishing rod)||4 coins|
|Oily Fishing Rod||53 (+ Fishing bait)||N/A|
Fish[edit | edit source]
There are many different types of fish that can be caught throughout RuneScape Classic. When a player catches a fish, it will come in raw form which must be cooked before it can be used as food to restore Hits.
|Shrimp||1||Small fishing net||10||160 (0.2133%)|
|Sardine||5||Fishing rod + bait (sea)||20||320 (0.4266%)|
|Herring||10||Fishing rod + bait (sea)||30||480 (0.64%)|
|Giant Carp||10||Fishing rod + Red vine worms (Hemenster)||0||0 (0%)|
|Anchovies||15||Small fishing net||40||640 (0.8533%)|
|Mackerel||16||Big fishing net||20||320 (0.4266%)|
|Trout||20||Fly fishing rod + feathers||50||800 (1.0667%)|
|Cod||23||Big fishing net||45||720 (0.96%)|
|Pike||25||Fishing rod + bait (river)||60||960 (1.28%)|
|Salmon||30||Fly fishing rod + feathers||70||1120 (1.4933%)|
|Lobster||40||Lobster Pot||90||1440 (1.92%)|
|Bass||46||Big fishing net||100||1600 (2.133%)|
|Lava eel||53||Oily fishing rod||90||1440 (1.92%)|
|Sea turtle||79||See: Fishing Trawler||95||1520 (2.0266%)|
|Manta ray||81||See: Fishing Trawler||115||1840 (2.4533%)|
- The sea turtle and manta ray can only be caught on the fishing trawler minigame.
Other items[edit | edit source]
While fishing with big nets you will occasionally catch things other than fish like the following:
Fishing locations[edit | edit source]
See: Fishing spot for more details on the types of fishing spots
Net / Bait[edit | edit source]
Lure / Bait[edit | edit source]
- Bandit Camp, Wilderness
- Barbarian Village
- Fisher King Realm
- Gnome Stronghold
- Karamja south of Tai Bwo Wannai
- Along the Baxtorian Falls river north of East Ardougne
- Shilo Village
Harpoon / Cage[edit | edit source]
Big Net / Harpoon[edit | edit source]
Special[edit | edit source]
- Lava fishing spot in Taverley dungeon for Raw lava eels
- Bait fishing spot in Hemenster for Raw giant carps (only possible whilst player has not finished the Fishing Contest quest and drops their Hemenster fishing trophy)
Quests[edit | edit source]
Bug/Glitch[edit | edit source]
- When doing Big Net fishing and the player has a fishing level below 46 (to be able to catch Bass) messages for fail catches are not given. They begin to appear on level 46.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tks was the first to gain mastery in fishing.
- Before a hidden update on 27 February 2002 players had to do fishing with right click.
References[edit | edit source]