Firemaking in RuneScape Classic is quite different than Firemaking in RuneScape 2. The player is only able to burn normal logs, which give more experience the higher your level. The Firemaking experience being given from these logs, is determined by the following formula:
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Rune Axe (recommended from the start as there is no Woodcutting requirement)
- Tinderbox in the upper right inventory slot
- Full inventory (of logs): If you have a full inventory and then cut a tree, the log will drop straight to the ground. This will help reduce the number of clicks required by the player to make fires. Therefore, it is recommended to cut trees with a full inventory and light the dropped logs as soon as they fall to the ground.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Another option would be to train the skill in the forest located east of Edgeville. Here, there are also plenty of trees and empty space, but should only be used if Draynor is populated.
Experience Rates[edit | edit source]
- At Level 70 Firemaking, you would be gaining 147.5 experience per log, which is slightly more experience than a player would get if they were to light a Maple Log on RuneScape 2. Towards level 99, it is possible to gain between 95,000 - 105,000 Firemaking experience per hour.
- On average it takes approximately 7.5 seconds to light a fire when you are gathering your own logs. This means that from level 1 to 99 Firemaking, on average, you'll be gaining roughly 85,000 experience per hour. After level 92, you'll be earning more than this each hour since 92 is half way (experience-wise) to 99.
- Using the above experience rate, it will take the player just over 150 hours to reach level 99 Firemaking, starting from level 1.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The player will need to light 72,758 fires to go from level 1 to 99 Firemaking.