This article is about the object. For the quest, see Dwarf Cannon.
The dwarf cannon is a ranged weapon, which fires cannonballs. Unlike other Ranged weapons, it is not equipped by a player; rather, it is assembled on the ground. It can be bought from Dwarf Cannon engineer's store, which can be found south of the Ice Mountain for 750,000gp. If the cannon is lost or stolen, it can be replaced for free by the Dwarf Cannon engineer. You must complete the Dwarf Cannon quest to have purchase the parts which make it up.
The cannon consists of four pieces: the base, the stand, the furnace, and the barrels.
To set up and use the cannon, you must:
- Click 'set down' on the dwarf cannon base.
- Use the dwarf cannon stand with the dwarf cannon base set down in the world, not in your inventory.
- Use the dwarf cannon barrels with the dwarf cannon base set down in the world, again, not in your inventory.
- Use the dwarf cannon furnace with the dwarf cannon base set down in the world.
- Press 'fire' on the dwarf multicannon when you are ready to fire. The cannon will search for enemies in a flash, then fire at least once per enemy, automatically using ammo in the process. Enemies that are moving may be struck more than one time.
- The cannon cannot be fired or set up if you are in combat.
- The cannon has a max hit of 35 damage, scaling with player's Ranged level.
- The attacked mob will not begin to chase the player when hit with a Cannonball, however normal aggressive behaviour still applies.
- A player may own multiple cannons, however they can only fully assemble one at a time.
- Cannonballs must be smithed from steel bars using a Cannonball mould.
- The cannon cannot be setup near Nulodion, if a player attempts to do so the following message is displayed:
The instruction book briefly describes how to use the cannon, it can be bought from Nulodion. See article: Instruction manual