|Released||23 September 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||A powerful and ancient dragon|
|Max hit||10 with melee, 65 with Dragonfire|
Elvarg is the dragon who is fought by the player on Crandor at the end of the Dragon Slayer quest. In Classic, Elvarg's display name is simply "Dragon". Her name and gender are only told briefly in passing by Oziach, the same person who commissions her death. She has a combat level of 110, making her considerably strong.
Strategies and Considerations[edit | edit source]
- The player is required to wear an anti-dragon shield or Elvarg may deal up to 50 damage using her fire breath, which is also capable of draining prayer points.
- Weapons which use 2 hands to wield will prove to be ineffective for use in fighting her.
- The Dragons combat level is 110 and she is aggressive
- She can only be killed once during the Dragon Slayer quest, and once she has been slain you are moved out of her lair, and the quest is complete.
- Be warned, if you drop something in her chamber and kill her you will not be able to re-enter and retrieve it!
- Elvarg was the highest level monster in the free to play version of RuneScape Classic
- Elvarg dropped Dragon bones on members worlds. On free worlds they appeared as "members object"
- On transition to RuneScape 2, Elvarg's combat level was changed to 83 to adjust for the new combat system.
- In Classic, the dragon is uncommonly called by name. She is only named Elvarg in two lines of dialogue by Oziach and in the official quest manual that was on the RuneScape website.
- Oziach does as well one time refer to Elvarg as a "Her", consistent with later versions of RuneScape.
- She is the only Green Dragon in Classic.