Dark Warriors' Fortress
|Dark Warriors' Fortress|
|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
|Unknown||←||Dark Warrior's Fortress||→||Chaos Temple|
|Wilderness skeleton mine|
The castle has been a popular though not ideal place for lower-leveled players to train combat skills on Dark Warriors, collecting the low level herbs and runes that they drop. The Dark Warriors Fortress is useful for low level players to train combat and gather the 7 types of Runes which spawn in the northern rooms. This may be dangerous due to the location in the Wilderness and possible encounters with player killers.
Unique Features[edit | edit source]
It should also be noted that this is the easiest place in the entire game that the player can obtain and bank the Black medium helmet and Black mace, other than trading with another player. Dark Warriors are the only monster to drop these items, and the only other location you can find them is within the Kharazi Jungle, during Legends Quest, as a random encounter produced by smashing Strange barrels.
Dangers[edit | edit source]
- Dark Warriors (level 21)
- Possibly other players, level 12-14 Wilderness
Rune Spawns[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The chaos rune spawn is considerably slower than the other rune spawns.
- Unlike RuneScape 2, the fortress in classic only has ground floor, and the middle courtyard is inaccessible.
- The building can be described has 4 hallways with square rooms at the ends, all joined together with a courtyard in the middle.
- The fortress was a members only area for over 2 months, until 10 May 2002.