|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
Coins, also known by players as gp or gold pieces are RuneScape Classic's currency, traded from player to player and NPC to players. It is sometimes referred to as gold coins or gold by players and within quests. They are dropped by many monsters and can be given as rewards for completing quests. Players may also obtain coins by selling items to shops and from picking up various item spawns found through out Gielinor in Classic.
Related system/chat messages[edit | edit source]
- Casting high or low level alchemy on coins causes the following message to be displayed
- That's already made of gold!
Obtaining coins[edit | edit source]
There are several efficient and popular ways to obtain coins, and some methods involve the use of many different skills. As players complete quests, explore, and increase their skill levels, the amount of gold they are able to collect can increase. Almost every skill can be utilized by the player to aid in the task of collecting gold.
Related system/chat messages[edit | edit source]
Casting high or low level alchemy on coins causes the following message to be displayed: That's already made of gold!
Dropped by[edit | edit source]
|Bandit||29||1, 53, 80||Common|
|Black demon||156||11, 30, 100||Common|
|Black Dragon||200||16, 66, 196, 330, 600||Common|
|Black Heather||39||8, 15, 48, 150||Common|
|Black Knight||46||1, 58||Common|
|Blue Dragon||105||11, 44, 132, 200, 440||Common|
|Carnillean guard||28||1, 4, 7, 12, 17, 25, 30||Common|
|Chaos Druid||28||3, 8, 29, 35||Uncommon|
|Chaos Druid warrior||44||3, 10, 29||Uncommon|
|Chaos Dwarf||59||15, 25, 47, 92, 150, 350||Common|
|Dark Warrior||21||1, 2, 6, 13, 20, 30||Common|
|Darkwizard||13||1, 2, 18, 30||Common|
|Donny the lad||39||5, 8, 15, 48, 70, 150||Common|
|Draft Mercenary Guard||50||1, 4, 7, 12, 17, 25, 30||Common|
|Druid||29||2, 4, 15||Common|
|Dwarf||18||4, 10, 30||Common|
|Farmer||15||3, 5, 15, 25||Common|
|Fire Giant||109||15, 50, 60||Common|
|Giant||37||3, 8, 15, 38, 52, 88||Common|
|Goblin||7||5, 9, 15, 20||Common|
|Goblin||13||1, 3, 5, 16, 24||Common|
|Greater Demon||87||11, 44, 132, 220, 460||Common|
|Guard||28||1, 4, 7, 12, 17, 25, 30||Common|
|Guard (Fight Arena)||28||1, 4, 7, 12, 17, 25, 30||Common|
|Gunthor the Brave||37||5, 8, 17, 27||Common|
|Head Thief||34||3, 5, 15, 25||Common|
|Hobgoblin||32, 48||5, 15, 28, 42, 62||Common|
|Ice Giant||68||8, 22, 53, 117, 196, 400||Common|
|Jailer||51||1, 6, 35, 12||Common|
|King Black Dragon||245||3000||Rare|
|Lesser Demon||79||10, 40, 120, 200||Common|
|Lord Darquarius||76||1, 6, 12, 35, 58, 80||Common|
|Man||9||3, 5, 15, 25||Common|
|Melzar the mad||45||1, 2, 4, 29, 30||Common|
|Mercenary||50||1, 4, 7, 12, 17, 25, 30||Common|
|Moss Giant||62||5, 15, 37, 82, 119, 300||Common|
|Mountain Dwarf||18||4, 10, 30||Common|
|Mugger||10||5, 10, 25||Common|
|Necromancer||34||1, 2, 4, 29||Common|
|Paladin||71||2, 8, 15, 48, 120||Common|
|Pirate||27, 30||4, 7, 12, 25, 35, 55||Common|
|Red Dragon||140||16, 66, 196, 330, 690||Common|
|Renegade knight||51||1, 6, 12, 35, 58, 80||Common|
|Rogue||21||3, 5, 15, 25||Common|
|Rowdy Guard||50||1, 4, 7, 12, 17, 25, 30||Common|
|Salarin the twisted||69||3, 10, 24||Uncommon|
|Skeleton||21||1, 2, 6, 13, 20, 30||Common|
|Skeleton||25||2, 4, 12, 16, 25, 33, 48||Common|
|Skeleton||31, 54||1, 5, 10, 25, 45, 60||Common|
|Skeleton mage||21||1, 2, 6, 13, 20, 30||Common|
|Speedy Keith||39||5, 8, 15, 48, 70, 150||Common|
|Target practice zombie||24||10, 18, 26, 35||Common|
|Thief||21||3, 5, 15, 25||Common|
|Thug||18||8, 13, 30||Common|
|Tribesman||39||15, 28, 42, 62||Common|
|Warrior||18, 27||3, 5, 15, 25||Common|
|White Knight||18, 27||2, 8, 15, 48, 70, 120||Common|
|Zombie||19||4, 10, 13, 18, 28||Common|
|Zombie||24||10, 18, 26, 35||Common|
|Zombie||32||1, 5, 10, 25, 45, 65||Common|
|Zombie (Entrana Dungeon)||32||18, 28||Common|
During the Shilo Village (quest) players will need to go through Rashiliyia's Tomb. Within the tomb are coins on the ground. However, once picked up the coins will turn to dust and UndeadOnes and Skeletons will spawn to attack the player.
Messages[edit | edit source]
When players pick up the coins:
- As soon as you touch the coins...
- You hear the grinding sound of bones
- against stone as you see skeletons and
- Zombies rising up out of the ground.
- The coins turn to dust in your hands.
When players cast Telekinetic grab:
- The coins turn to dust in your inventory...
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Asgarnia[edit | edit source]
- Taverley dungeon, by the blue dragons in the centre of the dungeon (3 spawns).
- Taverley dungeon, by the northeast end of the dungeon (2 spawns).
- Edgeville dungeon, behind the odd looking wall in the west end of the dungeon (2 spawns).
Misthalin[edit | edit source]
- Varrock sewers (4 spawns). Westernmost chamber of the
- Varrock, inside the bear cage north of the Varrock Palace (2 spawns).
- Varrock sewers (1 spawn). Southeast end of the
Karamja[edit | edit source]
- Brimhaven, in the northern room of the Brimhaven Mansion (5 spawns).
- Crandor and Karamja dungeon, in the room with the Dragon (4 spawns).
- Karamja, in the centre of Rashiliyia's Tomb (1 spawn).
Kandarin[edit | edit source]
- Skavid caves, enter through the cave outside the city near Toban's island (3 spawns). Southeast cave of the
- Ardougne sewers (1 spawn). Near the south chamber of the
Wilderness[edit | edit source]
- Varrock, inside a locked gate in the basement of the west Varrock bank (7 spawns).
- Wilderness, in the west Ruins (4 spawns).
- Wilderness, in the King Black Dragon lair (4 spawns).
- Wilderness, in the Red Dragon Isle (2 spawns).
- Wilderness, south of the Chaos Temple (1 spawn).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players have various names for different amounts of coins:
- 1-999 coins: GP or Gold
- 1.000-999,999 coins: K (e.g. 2k is 2,000 coins)
- 1.000.000-999,999,999 coins: M(il) (e.g. 9mil is 9,000,000 coins)
- 1,000,000,000 or higher amount: B(il) (e.g. 1bil is 1,000,000,000 coins)
- One coin is needed to start the Demon Slayer quest.
- The maximum number of coins that can be collected in one stack (bank or inventory) is 2,147,483,647. When this number is reached, the amount of coins in the stack resets.[ ] This limit is often referred to as "max cash".
- Before the update on 26 November 2001, coins and other objects stacked up to 65,535.
- While it says the coins turn to dust when grabbed or when players use Telekinetic grab the coins on the ground do not disappear.
References[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub.|
You can help by expanding it.